2020-08-13 / test@t
Armenian moussaka with pumpkin
Armenian moussaka is very different from the more familiar Greek one. It has no tomato sauce, no bright spices, no bechamel. The main thing in such a moussaka is the taste of the main ingredient, in our case it is pumpkin.
- 800 g pumpkin
- 600 g beef
- 80 g of ghee
- 2/3 cup long grain rice
- 2 medium onions
- cherry tomatoes for decoration
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- basil for serving
STEP-BY-STEP COOKING RECIPE
1. Cut the meat into small cubes. Melt a third of the melted butter in a skillet and fry the meat until golden brown. Pour in 100 ml of hot water, cover the pan with a lid and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Cut the pumpkin into 6-8mm slices and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the pumpkin with ghee, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. It should be soft, but not fall apart.
3. Boil rice in boiling salted water until half cooked, 7-10 minutes.
4. Peel the onion and cut into small cubes. Melt the remaining ghee in another skillet and sauté the onions until soft.
5. Combine meat with onion and rice, season with salt and pepper.
6. Place a layer of baked pumpkin in a baking dish. Place the filling of meat, rice and onions on it, then cover with the remaining pumpkin. Garnish with cherry tomatoes. Place the moussaka in an oven preheated to 180 ° C and cook for 30 minutes.
7. Serve moussaka sprinkled with basil leaves.